Thanksgiving Special (Seventh Broadcast)
Today was my first time back in the studio after an extended absence, but also the last show before Thanksgiving Break. We kicked off with a real Thanksgiving classic--"Alice's Restaurant Massacree" by Arlo Guthrie (1967). We then moved in to some Leonard Cohen and entered a brief discussion about terrorism and ideology (in the wake of "First We Take Manhattan" (1987)). The show wrapped up with a neat live recording from the DJ's band, Wooden Jelly Spoon & Peanut, playing a rendition of "Night Train" (the James Brown version).
- 1:00pm Alice's Restaurant Massacree by Arlo Guthrie on Alice's Restaurant (Warner Bros.)
- 1:18pm The Goal by Leonard Cohen on Thanks for the Dance (Columbia)
- 1:20pm Dance Me to the End of Love by Leonard Cohen on Various Positions (Columbia)
- 1:25pm First We Take Manhattan by Leonard Cohen on I'm Your Man (Columbia)
- 1:32pm Underwriter Statements by WMHB Sponsors on Underwriter Statements (Underwriting)
- 1:35pm Night Train (cover; live 11/23/19) by Wooden Jelly Spoon & Peanut on WJSP Live at Mé Lon Togo Bistro (N/A)